Those who know me know I have a penchant for the female singer-songwriter type. There are an awful lot of them around these days, and it takes something special to get noticed. A quirky song title for example, such as Vi kommer att dö samtidigt. That means We're gonna die at the same time. But anyone expecting a piece of Bergmanesque depression will be disappointed. It has one of those catchy Swedish choruses I mentioned. The person responsible is Annika Norlin, and this song is the first single from her Swedish-language project Säkert!. It's not the first time she has come to my attention, but last time I heard her she was singing in English and called Hello Saferide. Happily this project doesn't appear to be a thing of the past, as a new single is being released in the UK in April.26 March 2007
Simultaneous death!
Those who know me know I have a penchant for the female singer-songwriter type. There are an awful lot of them around these days, and it takes something special to get noticed. A quirky song title for example, such as Vi kommer att dö samtidigt. That means We're gonna die at the same time. But anyone expecting a piece of Bergmanesque depression will be disappointed. It has one of those catchy Swedish choruses I mentioned. The person responsible is Annika Norlin, and this song is the first single from her Swedish-language project Säkert!. It's not the first time she has come to my attention, but last time I heard her she was singing in English and called Hello Saferide. Happily this project doesn't appear to be a thing of the past, as a new single is being released in the UK in April.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I liked the English language song. I had never heard of her before.
Speaking of Norwegian artists successful in Sweden and Finland from a previous entry - what happened to Lene Marlin? Is she still recording? She is great.
Yay for Annika Norlin! Yay for Hello Saferide!
(I have a feeling most of my comments will be along these lines. I apologize).
Lene's most recent album - her third - was Lost In A Moment, which was released in summer 2005, but it was not that succesful. I've always found Lene a bit dull to be honest, although she has recorded a couple of nice songs :)
And Carly, no need for apologies!
Yay for Hello Saferide! Yay for Carly for introducing me to their brilliantness! :)
Post a Comment