
Mira Craig is not like most Norwegian singers. The norm here is for people to be very modest about any talent they might have, and the general ambition level is really rather low. “Oh, no, I’m not interested in an international career. As long as a few people in Norway like me, then that’s OK.” That’s the kind of thing you hear a lot. But Mira is more “Here I am. Now listen!”. Maybe it has something to do with her being half-American.
So, I like her attitude, and she gets plenty of media attention and is frequently hyped as the Next Big Thing. But I have to say I’m not so sure about the music itself. She has a very unique style, and a distinctive voice, but under all the heavy production I find myself longing for a bit more melody. Is there something I’m not hearing?
This is her new single, Leo, from the upcoming album Tribal Dreams. (Sorry about the ads at the beginning)
And this song, Headhunted, is from her 2006 debut CD Mira Mira. Her best song if you ask me, and proof that she could perhaps do great things. Maybe.
2 comments:
A voice modelled on Shakira, the sluttiness of Shakira, yet none of the appeal Shakira has, the camera definitely doesn't love her.
Hi Roger! :)
Much better than Shakira. Are you guys tone deaf?
Post a Comment