For about three months now I’ve been meaning to put together a ”best albums of 2006” list. Something tells me I’m never going to do it. Ho hum. But one of the highlights was certainly Norwegian singer Margaret Berger's second release Pretty Scary Silver Fairy. I’m still not sure if she is supposed to be a fairy who is pretty, scary and silver, or a silver fairy who is reasonably frightening. Hmm. Anyway, it's a fantastic pop album, with hints of electro. And being co-wrtitten and produced by Finns Jukka Immonen and Patric Sarin makes it a nice pan-Nordic effort to start this blog with. In fact, the CD is scheduled to be released in Sweden and Finland in April. Although it would be quite unusual if a Norwegian singer managed to have any success in those countries. Will be keeping my fingers crossed. You can see the videos for the first two singles from the album on Margaret's myspace.This is her debut single from 2004, Lifetime Guarantee. Great song and video.
2 comments:
Welcome to the blog world, Roger. Given your impeccable taste track-record, I'm sure this blog will be a smash success.
Anyway, judging by the mp3s you've sent me, Margaret Berger is, definitely "the bomb" as the kids say. I especially love "Elephant" but then again, I'm weird.
Thanks for the promo and the link. Most of my hits so far have come via your blog :-)
Post a Comment