After a busy afternoon youtubing I stumbled across this video of Norwegian singer Silje Nergaard. It was a hit in 2001, and basically relaunched her floundering career. Since then she has enjoyed vast sales in Norway, with a couple of chart topping albums to her name. Haven't actually seen the video before and I think the bits where the light is so bright that her nose disappears are a bit scary - it turns her into Michael Jackson!! I first heard of Silje back in the dim and distant past (1990) when she scored a radio hit in the UK with Tell Me Where You're Going. I've even managed to unearth that on youtube, so yay! Oh, I'm getting all nostalgic now!!!15 December 2007
Something jazzy
After a busy afternoon youtubing I stumbled across this video of Norwegian singer Silje Nergaard. It was a hit in 2001, and basically relaunched her floundering career. Since then she has enjoyed vast sales in Norway, with a couple of chart topping albums to her name. Haven't actually seen the video before and I think the bits where the light is so bright that her nose disappears are a bit scary - it turns her into Michael Jackson!! I first heard of Silje back in the dim and distant past (1990) when she scored a radio hit in the UK with Tell Me Where You're Going. I've even managed to unearth that on youtube, so yay! Oh, I'm getting all nostalgic now!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
For some reason, I find her accent super annoying. It makes it hard to listen to the songs.
Well, tsk! I'd suggest living in Norway for a few years so you get used to these things. But then, her accent didn't bother the 15-year-old, unaffected-by-living-in-foreign-parts me either, so hmmm! I'll find some of her stuff in Norwegian for you :o)
I don't think Norwegian accents are annoying in general, just her accent combined with the music. Go figure.
Post a Comment