22 December 2007

Black Christmas

So I figured I should post a nice Nordic Christmas song here. There are some nice traditional songs but they are not really what I feel like posting. Unfortunately there aren't that many Nordic Christmas pop songs, at least not compared to the plethora of stuff seen in the US/UK etc market. But here is a great song by Finnish group Nylon Beat, a typically subdued Nordic affair called Musta joulu, meaning Black Christmas. Here is the jist of things

We met in July
And I was hooked on you by August
We traded the autumn storms for hot kisses
I believed in the Christmas angel

But you gave me a black Christmas, you did not turn up
And took my only present away, I missed you so much
You gave me a black Christmas, I was left in tears
My world has turned into flakes


No official video, but someone has made this on Youtube:

No comments: