So. I have about two and a half years of music to catch up on. But don’t worry, I’m not going to give you a blow by blow, month by month account. However, as I start up again, hopefully bringing you lots of new music, I feel obliged to post a few bits and pieces from the last couple of years.
And so that’s where I’m going to start. With one of the singers I’ve listened to most: Hafdis Huld.
(I'm not really sure I should call it a tribute actually. It almost makes it sound like she's dead, which she most definitely isn't!)
Hafdis is one of those cute Icelanders, who are a bit quirky and a bit bonkers and speak and sing in English with that irresistible Icelandic accent. She released her debut album Dirty Paper Cup back in 2006, but she escaped my radar last time this blog was alive. So I sent my radar back to the manufacturer for repair, and now it seems to be working splendidly.
Album number two, Synchronised Swimmers, was released in Iceland around this time last year, and has, apparently, sold in rather large numbers. So yay for Hafdis!
Here are some of her best songs and videos, in descending order of excellence. That’s a posh way of saying my fave comes first. Enjoy!
No comments:
Post a Comment